INTERNSHIP - R&D SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN
HVNT is a startup building the most adventurous and immersive apps and technologies in the world. HVNT aims to be the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor adventures, exercise, education and meaningful social interaction.
The current team is a diverse group of engineers, developers and marketing people based in Stockholm, Geneva, Amsterdam & Nis.
HVNT's Research and Development team is seeking PhD-students, who are passionate about inventing new algorithms, to join us for a 3/6-month research internship to work on computer vision and learning, alongside our growing team of researchers in central Stockholm. We work on projects that fit under the broad umbrella of artificial intelligence for augmented reality, including deep or shallow machine learning models, tracking, 3D reconstruction, localization, and graphics for mixed reality. We're excited for you to explore the best problems in vision with us.
Priority application date: December 18th.
- Dig deep into a fun computer vision and machine learning topic, becoming a specialist, and breaking new ground.
- You will discover ways to automatically understand imagery and/or telemetry from the real world, to track, reconstruct, localize, synthesize, or recognize more accurately or more efficiently.
- You will work alongside our other researchers, accepting help and aiding others, to make discoveries that will eventually help the HVNT team deliver the best product possible.
- You are enrolled in a PhD program in computer science or a related field, with a focus on computer vision, robotics, AR, or machine learning.
- Experience building your own software systems in Python or C++, wrangling 2D and/or 3D data, training models, and running experiments.
- You are proficient at finding, reading, and efficiently critiquing and experimentally assessing published research papers.
- Experience writing technical papers in English for a scientific audience.
We would <3 it if you also have:
- Had 1+ papers accepted to ICCV / NeurIPS / IROS / ISMAR / SIGGRAPH type conferences.
- Experience building fast or efficient computer vision systems.
- You're able to design your own architectures within a deep learning framework (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow, or similar).
- You have experience collecting or organizing data to validate your research.
- Experience with NLP's