SENIOR SCIENTIST - COMPUTER VISION / MACHINE LEARNING
HVNT is a startup building the most adventurous and immersive apps and technologies in the world. HVNT aims to be the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor adventures, exercise, education and meaningful social interaction.
The current team is a diverse group of engineers, developers and marketing people based in Stockholm, Geneva, Amsterdam & Nis. We are now looking for a Senior Scientist with the creativity, leadership, and experience to develop meaningful Computer Vision and Machine Learning science and game interventions for all our popular titles. Work closely with other scientists, engineers, and product managers to design and deploy capabilities that elevate gameplay in HVNT c’s AR driven games where the real world becomes our playground.
- Conceive, design, lead the development, and bring into production new Computer Vision and Machine Learning capabilities for our current and future global games.
- Apply a high degree of scientific rigor and real world pragmatism in all your work, particularly to quantify the impact of features on relevant engagement metrics.
- Mentor other scientists to grow their skills, create a collaborative environment, and employ tools and methodologies to test, revise, and improve models.
- Lead by example: promote deep scientific expertise, constant learning, attention to detail, and an intimate relationship with the data while always being friendly, humble, and open to challenging any assumptions.
- Collaborate with data engineers, product managers, and marketing to coordinate timely deployments from conception to release.
- A successful candidate will have a PhD in Statistics, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience. A minimum of 4 years of real-world experience developing and deploying machine learning models, preferably in a gaming context.
- Strong command of statistics and the science underpinning machine learning techniques and able to defend choices with math as well as real-world tradeoffs.
- Expert in computer vision and machine learning domains such as SLAM, 3D reconstruction, object recognition and classification.
We would <3 it if you also:
- Are flexible with tools and programming languages (C++, C#, Python, Java, Scala, Go) and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Have demonstrated experience with large scale data processing (e.g. BigQuery, Spark, Hive, DataFlow/Beam).
- Have knowledge of real-time optimization for CV/ML algorithms running across mobile and cloud platforms.
- Have experience applying CV/ML models in mobile games, particularly at scale.
- Have experience working with business stakeholders - understanding and proving impact, resourcing, and schedules.¨
- Have extensive experience with NLP's