SOFTWARE ENGINEER (WEB)
HVNT is a startup building the most adventurous and immersive apps and technologies in the world. HVNT aims to be the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor adventures, exercise, education, and meaningful social interaction.
The current team is a diverse group of engineers, developers, and marketing people based in Stockholm, Geneva, Amsterdam & Nis. We are now looking to expand the team with a Software Engineer to our Web & Platform Team.
The perfect candidate is a person who has a passion for writing fun & engaging software solutions for HVNT's growing community of explorers.
For this role, you will report to the development lead and contribute to improving the product we're building with your programming and input.
- Architect and implement web features in React.
- Build well-designed, reusable UI components that can be shared across HVNT’s web applications.
- Collaborate with the Platform and Web engineering team to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Team up with UX designers and product managers to deliver polished user-facing features.
- Participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design.
- You have a BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical major, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment with deadlines.
WE WOULD <3 IT IF YOU ALSO:
- Have an interest in tech & Augmented Reality.
- Have built sophisticated single-page web applications, especially mobile-friendly ones.
- Have experience working with Geo-location data.
- Have experience working with Back End runtime environments such as Node.js
- Have experience working with Firebase/Firestore.
- Have experience in Machine Learning and Python.
- Have experience and/or interest in Computer Vision.
- Thrive in a fast-paced engineering environment and have an eye for detail.